Writing Champions is a creative writing after school club that runs creative writing workshops in South East London and North Kent for school children. All our workshops take place within primary schools across various London boroughs.
What we are looking for
We are looking for people who are studying (or have studied) Education or Teaching to act as volunteer workshop assistants, facilitating our creative writing classes through our carefully designed lesson plans.
What we provide
Apart from the fact that you get to work with the best set of people in the world (children!) we also provide the following benefits:
- We provide valuable work experience within a school setting which many of our staff find very useful.
- We provide full training for all workshop leaders and workshop assistants.
- We provide flexibility in the hours required. Please note that this is a part time role only and fits well with studying: it is 1 - 2 hours a week commitment from around 3.15 - 4.15pm on week days during term times only
- Must be studying (or have studied) Teaching, Education, or a related subject area)
- Must have a passion for working with children, be punctual and reliable.
- Applicants must be DBS checked or willing to be
- We ask that workshop leaders or assistants live within a maximum of 1 hour journey from Bromley, Greenwich, Bexley Boroughs of London and Kent
We run creative writing clubs for children within primary schools in London and North Kent
This posting is Private