As a Member Manager, you're on the front-line of Beam, working closely with our amazing members to support them on their journey away from homelessness through rewarding work.
You're deeply empathetic and emotionally mature, as well as happy working with the latest technologies and apps in a data-driven way.
You're process-driven and fastidious as well as a creative problem-solver, able to manage demanding workloads in a fast-paced startup environment.
You see the positive and potential in those often associated with the negative.
You're passionate about changing the lives of vulnerable people for the better through innovation and ready for the most rewarding work of your life.
Member Managers are part of Beam's "Member Support" team - a fast-growing part of Beam. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
The position is based in London and reports to Chief Operating Officer, Seb Barker.
Compensation & Perks
- £25-35k - a highly competitive social enterprise and 'Tech for Good' package
- Additional EMI-qualifying share options
- Stunning coworking office by Brick Lane with WeWork community benefits (eg corporate discounts, perks and events)
- 'Beam team talks' with some of the UK's leading entrepreneurs
We're a rapidly-growing, high-energy team who love our work and making a positive impact. If you believe in our purpose and want to learn fast and drive some major innovation, get in touch.
- Collaborating smartly with our brilliant referral partners
- Supporting our amazing members to achieve life-changing, positive training and employment outcomes
- Building a strong, respectful and professional working relationship with Beam members
- Supporting members to create content for their campaigns using our proprietary in-house technology
- Producing detailed risk assessments and case notes
- Working to KPIs and constantly looking to improve the Beam model
- 1 year high-quality professional experience in a startup, social enterprise or the homelessness sector
- Experience working with vulnerable individuals - or huge enthusiasm to excel in that field (don't worry, we provide significant training to Member Managers)
- Passion for innovation and social impact
- Thrives under pressure and in fast-paced environments
- High level of written articulacy
- Highly detail-orientated and risk-aware while working with integrity and openness
- Entrepreneurial, get things done attitude
- Highly adaptable, personable and excited to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Committed to promoting equality of opportunity in London and far beyond
A startup like no other
Beam is the world’s first crowdfunding platform that helps people from disadvantaged backgrounds to train up and get into work.
Funded by the Mayor of London, Nesta and some of the UK's top tech entrepreneurs, Beam has rapidly proven a powerful new model in helping disadvantaged people to train and get into rewarding work. Beam is currently focused on helping homeless people living in hostels.
One of the UK's top 'Tech for Good' ventures and social enterprises, Beam has been covered widely including by the BBC, The Times, The FT, The Independent, Evening Standard, Sky, Time Out and others and was named by The Guardian as one of the most important social innovations of 2018.
In Beam's first year of operating, Beam won the London Homelessness Award and "Best use of Technology" in the homelessness sector.
2 Leman St, Whitechapel, London
Please apply via this link: https://beam.teamtailor.com/jobs/108873-member-manager/applications/new
Look forward to hearing from you!
The Beam Team
This posting is Private